From ImageStream Router Documentation
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 18:29:09 -0500 (EST)
From: ImageStream Support <email@example.com>
Subject: SAND Version 3.5.8 available
Version 3.5.8 of ImageStream's Standard Architecture for Network Drivers (SAND) is now available as a general release for all ImageStream customers.
ImageStream router customers will receive Version 3.5.8 of SAND as a part of the Enterprise Linux 4.0.2 release.
This software release is provided at no charge to all ImageStream customers, and is recommended for all customers who wish to upgrade to the latest available software release. This release supports kernel versions through 2.4.18 and later kernels.
This release note documents commands and features added between Version 3.5.7 and Version 3.5.8.
New Features in Version 3.5.8
Frame Relay LMI Can Be Disabled
- Version 3.5.8 of SAND supports a new frame relay command that disables the use of LMI:
frame-relay lmi-type none
- Specifying an LMI type of "none" will instruct the SAND frame relay subinterface to ignore LMI. Protocol status on the subinterface will follow the hardware status. LMI packets from the connected frame relay switch, if they exist will be ignored and DLCI/IP pairs will be added staticly.
Bugs fixed in Version 3.5.8
The following bugs have been fixed in SAND Version 3.5.8:
Error Setting T1 Timeslots Fixed
- SAND 3.4.x versions failed to properly set the channels when the "service-module t1 timeslots all" command was used without specifying the speed of the channels using the "speed" keyword. In this scenario, Version 3.5.8 correctly sets timeslot usage to all timeslots and uses the default channel speed of 64 Kbps.
Copyright and Trademarks
Copyright 2002 ImageStream Internet Solutions. All rights reserved.
- ImageStream is a trademarks of ImageStream Internet Solutions, Inc. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
- ImageStream makes no representations or warranties with respect to the contents or use of this document, and specifically disclaims any express or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for any particular
purpose. Further, ImageStream reserves the right to revise this publication and to make changes to its content, any time, without obligation to notify any person or entity of such revisions or changes.
Contacting ImageStream Technical Support
- Every ImageStream product comes with a one year hardware and software warranty. ImageStream provides technical support via voice, FAX, electronic mail, and the web. Technical support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
To contact ImageStream technical support by voice, dial +1 (574) 935-8484 worldwide. By FAX, dial +1 (574) 935-8488. By electronic mail, send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Using the World Wide Web, see http://www.imagestream.com/