From ImageStream Router Documentation
- download ubuntu and make CD http://mirrors.us.kernel.org/ubuntu-releases/intrepid/ubuntu-8.10-desktop-i386.iso
- Just do the default installation
- After installation, reboot and login, open a terminal(Applications->Accessories->Terminal) and run the following:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get -y upgrade
sudo apt-get -y install patch gcc-3.4 cvs bison flex
sudo rm /bin/sh
sudo ln -s /bin/bash /bin/sh
# This will take a while, it downloads about thirty five MegaBytes
cvs co rbe
# This will take a while, it downloads quite a bit and then builds gcc, glibc, and a few other tools
# your PATH is now set to use the compiler just built, gcc -v should show gcc version 3.2.3
- The build environment is now setup, you will find gcc, etc in crosscomp/gcc-3.2.3-glibc-2.2.2/i686-unknown-linux-gnu/i686-unknown-linux-gnu/bin/. Use those tools to build.
- Ubuntu is the distribution most commonly used internally, other distributions should work, but are unknown.
- Gcc 3.3 and Gcc 3.4 are the only versions known to work. One of them should be /usr/bin/gcc-3.3 or /usr/bin/gcc-3.4
- /bin/sh should be a symlink to /bin/bash.
- You must have a username and password from us to download the build environment.
- The system must have functional internet access to download and build the router environment.