User:RichardJune/Build Environment Update
From ImageStream Router Documentation
- Ubuntu is the distribution most commonly used internally, other distributions should work, but are unknown.
- Gcc 3.3 and Gcc 3.4 are the only versions known to work. One of them should be /usr/bin/gcc-3.3 or /usr/bin/gcc-3.4
- /bin/sh should be a symlink to /bin/bash.
- You must have a username and password from us to download the build environment.
- download ubuntu and make CD http://mirrors.us.kernel.org/ubuntu-releases/intrepid/ubuntu-8.10-desktop-i386.iso
- Just do the default installation
- After installation, reboot and login, open a terminal and run the following
- sudo apt-get update
- sudo apt-get upgrade
- sudo reboot
- sudo apt-get install patch gcc-3.4 cvs bison flex
- sudo rm /bin/sh
- sudo ln -s /bin/bash /bin/sh
- export CVSROOT=":pserver:USERNAME@cvs.imagestream.com:/server/usr/local/oem"
- cvs login
- cvs co rbe
- cd rbe
- make crosscomp
- The build environment is now setup, you will find gcc, etc in crosscomp/gcc-3.2.3-glibc-2.2.2/i686-unknown-linux-gnu/i686-unknown-linux-gnu/bin/. Use those tools to build.