From ImageStream Router Documentation
Revision as of 13:47, 16 June 2009 by Syoder
- Snort is an Intrusion Detection System add-on package for ImageStream Linux. Routers running Snort can detect, log and provide alerts for network-based intrusion attempts.
- A complete IDS setup consists of:
- Snort sensor running on an ImageStream Router
- Alert and Logging Collector
- Front-end for reporting on alerts.
- The Snort add-on requires the add-on hard drive service to be configured and running prior to installation.