Router Memory Requirements
From ImageStream Router Documentation
Revision as of 11:21, 15 May 2013 by Syoder
- 1 GB per 1,500 connections limit 3,000 with higher-end routers
- 1 GB per 1,000 connections limit 4,500 with higher-end routers
- 250 MB per interface
- The RAMDisk size is set at startup from the /usr/share/etc/ram0.conf file and optionally overridden by /etc/ram0.conf.
- These files have one setting: size=<size in KiloBytes>.
- The default RAMDisk size in 4.4.1 is 67 MB (size=67000)
- To increase the size to 80 MB, create an /etc/ram0.conf file with size=80000:
echo "size=80000" > /etc/ram0.conf backup flash reboot
*WARNING: Do not make the RAMDisk larger than available memory or the router will fail to boot!