From ImageStream Router Documentation
(New page: =Ethernet Interface Testing= 1) Go to the advance menu and select the Bash Prompt<br /> 2) Configure the first Ethernet interface by running the following command: ''ifconfig eth0 192.168...)
Newer edit →
Revision as of 15:35, 12 November 2010
Ethernet Interface Testing
1) Go to the advance menu and select the Bash Prompt
2) Configure the first Ethernet interface by running the following command: ifconfig eth0 192.168.100.x
|Note||Replace x with a IP address within your range.|
3) Verify the first Ethernet interface is plugged into the network.
4) Verify any front panel LEDs for the Ethernet interface function, if applicable.
5) Test Ethernet communication by running the following command: ping 192.168.100.2
|Note||Press Ctrl-C to exit.|
6) After successfully testing the port disable it with the following command:
ifconfig eth0 down
7) Repeat steps 1-6 for any addition Ethernet interfaces. Change eth0 to eth1 and so on for the addition ports.